With Christmas just around the corner, it’s easy to get carried away with the festivities and neglect the security of your property. Don’t be caught out this Christmas. Here are a few useful tips to help keep your commercial and residential property secure this season and help keep you one step ahead of the game.
- Don’t leave your empty boxes and packages outside your property on full display for everyone to see. An empty games console box, packaging from the latest laptop or desirable items will be a tempting display of what is up for grabs in your house. If you have a lot of packaging, it may be worth taking a trip to the recycling point instead.
- With the holidays almost here, we are all looking forward to leaving work for a break, but make sure that you have secured the premises adequately before you leave for the Christmas holiday. Making sure that your alarm systems, CCTV and locks are all working as they ought to be a priority. With many premises left empty for annual leave it is a prime time for criminals to try their luck.
- Alarms and CCTV are great ways to protect your property. 60% of burglars admitted that they would be less likely to target a house with an alarm system installed, so it is worth thinking about. If you do have an alarm system, make sure that you have set it.
- With presents being delivered it is tempting to leave sheds and garages open for deliveries to be left if you are not at home. Be conscious that you may be leaving yourself vulnerable of theft, as burglars are known to target such areas for tools and bikes.
- If you don’t have any of these security devices as yet, make it your new year’s resolution to make your property more secure.
We would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas from all of us here at
Secure It All.
If you would like to discuss any security requirements with us, whether commercial or residential, please contact us on 0121 423 1119 or send us an enquiry here.